Why is the subject being brought up now?
As we have already mentioned, only the standard for external doors has been harmonised. The harmonization of the standard for the interior doors is in progress and there will also be a coexistence phase first. Furthermore, national approvals will still be valid until the coexistence phase ends.
Why taking care of it now?
- Competitive advantage, because all specifications can be used (those drawn up according to national regulations and those in accordance with EN standards)
- There will also be projects in the EU area
- At the moment, the product certification bodies etc. still have adequate capacity available
- Less stressful if done now
- You will have to make the switch at some time anyway